Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In the beginning...

I am not too sure as to how it all began, but I do know that I was inspired to cook more authentic French food after having watched the film Julie & Julia late last fall. I got Julia Child's cookbook and set out to try one new recipe a week, which was both fun and challenging.
Meanwhile, I've developed a bit of an obsession over party planning.  I subscribe to several party planning blogs in my Google Reader so I read the feeds daily.  One day, while perusing the latest party ideas, I came across a French bakery birthday party for a one year old little girl.
Check out this amazing party on pen n' paper flowers blog. My heart skipped a beat as my daughter Claire's first birthday was fast approaching. I decided right then and there that I wanted to copy that party and personalize the concept to call it my own. 
So the vision for the party is this: Vintage Paris with feminine flair. Black & white photos of Paris interspersed with black & white photos of Claire throughout her first year.  White vintage-looking serving dishes and hot pink splashes here and there. As for patterns, I plan to use damask or toile to help create the classic look.
  

2 comments:

  1. I want my life to be boulangerie themed! Merci beaucoup for doing this. All of us little franco-femmes in the U.S. need a great way to cook French--while keeping it as French as possible--yet not spend days and days beating croissant dough. This is superbe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I want a birthday party like that, and i'm almost 20... your blog is wonderful Sarah and you're making me want to bake all these wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete